Here’s the results:
Here’s a link to this graphic from the Oklahoma State Election Board:
I have several problems with this results:
- few people even knew about this election
- it was scheduled when many people are on vacation
- why are these special elections not consolidated into once a year when there is plenty of reason to go vote
- what about all the wasted ballots printed and thrown away
- look at all the waste in hiring election workers over and over and over again
- most importantly – where was the public debate on why this ‘stuff’ was needed instead of reducing spending?
- did I mention low voter turnout? (at my precinct out of about 3500 people I was number 111 about 5:30PM)
Come on people – we can do better than this! Did you know there will be a school bond election next month? Bet you will hear lots about that one! Can you see how the media manipulates the outcome by their silence and by what they promote? People who care about taxing and spending better get involved and organize their precincts. Let’s get these local elections consolidated too!
Oh and one more thing, let’s learn the difference between “it won’t make your taxes go up” and reducing spending obligations!
Sandra Crosnoe for Finding Gems & Sharing Them