Events Surrounding the Crucifixion of Jesus:
- The 4th day, March 23, 34 A.D. begins the Passover day: This day begins with the going down of the sun at the end of the 3rd day.
- The beginning of the 4th day (just after it gets dark): Jesus and his disciples eat the Passover meal together.
- Towards the beginning of the 4th day soon after the Passover meal begins: Judas leaves the meal to meet with Jewish religious leaders to betray Jesus.
- Towards the beginning of the 4th day after eating the Passover meal: Jesus and his disciples, except for Judas, go together to the Garden of Gethsemane.
- Evening of the 4th day after Jesus and the disciples go to Gethsemane: Judas betrays Jesus with a kiss.
- Evening and early morning of the 4th day: Jesus is tried by the Jewish religious leaders.
- Morning of the 4th day: Jesus is delivered to Pontus Pilate by the Jewish religious leaders to be judged.
- Morning of the 4th day: Pontus Pilate delivers Jesus to Herod.
- Morning of the 4th day: Herod returns Jesus to Pontus Pilate.
- Morning of the 4th day: Pontus Pilate sentences Jesus to death by crucifixion.
- Morning of the 4th day: Jesus is crucified.
- Afternoon on the 4th day: Jesus lays down his life to atone for all sin at around 3:00 pm. Immediately, the veil of the temple is ripped into two parts being torn from the top down. An earthquake occurs creating a crack in the ground just below the cross where Jesus is crucified.
- After 3:00 pm on the 4th day: A Roman soldier pierces the side of Jesus causing a flow of water and blood to flow from Jesus’ side. Some of this mixture of blood and water flow down the crack in the ground created by the earthquake. The mixture of blood and water flow onto the mercy seat of the covenant which is sealed in a cave just below the exact location where Jesus is crucified. The atonement for the sins of mankind is made not only spiritually but also by the blood of Jesus flowing onto the mercy seat of the ark of the covenant.
- After 3:00 pm on the 4th day: Joseph of Arimathea goes to Pontus Pilate to secure the body of Jesus. Joseph secures the body of Jesus from Pilate.
- Late afternoon on the 4th day: Joseph prepares the body of Jesus for burial.
- From the end of the 4th day until possibly the beginning of the 5th day: Joseph and his helpers place Jesus in the rock tomb that was to be the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea.
- The 5th day begins as the sun goes down ending the 4th day. This is the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread which is a Sabbath.
- The beginning of the 5th day until after the 1st day begins: Jesus remains in the tomb a full 3 days and full 3 nights.
- 1st day: Jesus rises from the tomb. This could have been as early as when the sun went down on the 7th day (Saturday night) until early morning on the first day (Sunday morning).
- 1st day in the morning – Mary goes to the tomb where Jesus was placed by Joseph of Arimathea
- 1st day in the morning – Mary is met by Jesus.
[Editor’s note: Clint Young is a friend of mine and has been for many many years. I know him to be a man of integrity and a serious student of scripture. He has a very analytical mind and has spent a great deal of time studying scripture relative to prophetic events (past present and future). He currently lives in Texas. /sc]
More on when Jesus was actually born via Jonathan Cahn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptlsXtTf6n0 (from 2012)