To have excellent dental hygiene one must not have any abscessed teeth. Such teeth need to either be pulled or have a root canal performed on them. Because of how a little cavity at first can cause so BIG a problem later, it is well worth while to have regular dental cleanings and check ups. It is also important to make sure your teeth are clean anytime you go to sleep. This is best accomplished by brushing your teeth with a non-fluoride tooth paste and flossing between teeth. Finally, I am going to define good dental hygiene as having no cavity fillings with mercury fillings. If you have teeth with mercury fillings, have those fillings removed and replaced with composites.
Your gums can be cleaned and helped by swishing coconut oil between them for 5 to 10 minutes as needed.
Good Habits for Longevity:
64. Obtain the right kind and amount of exercise. For some their daily routine is their exercise. Some can not do any more than take care of he movement that is necessary for their hygiene and eating. Some can’t even do that. If you can walk, even if it is only a slow walk, be grateful that you can walk. Whatever movement you are able to accomplish on a daily basis be grateful that you can move.
Ever now and then I run across those that are very limited in their movements. This always reminds me to be grateful for what I can do. For now, I can walk several miles at a time. This is a safe exercise for me. Each of us need to find the exercise that is best for us and pursue it every day, except perhaps the Sabbath.
Books, more books, and many stacks of books have been written on exercise. There is world of knowledge about exercise beyond this quick presentation in number 64 in this impressionistic ways-of-life painting. To quickly obtain the best exercise program for you, ask God for wisdom on the exercise program you need to follow on a daily basis. If you can afford it, a personal trainer to help and encourage you to work out each week may be a very good investment.
65. Get adequate sleep. A lot of folks are tired all the time. This is usually caused by bad diet and just not allowing time to get needed daily sleep. Lack of sleep can also be due to getting up at the wrong times and performing tasks that need to be done at a certain time. For a while I was getting up at 1:30 in the morning to help get children to bed. This was due to travelling. The children were living on the other side of the world. When we came back to the states, I gradually changed their going-to-bed time back 12 hours. To help them get to bed earlier during this adjustment time I was getting up at 1:30 am. This was right in the middle of my best REM sleep. The problem with getting up at this time and doing tasks was that I could not go back to sleep. I finally gave up and asked my spouse to do these tasks. I felt much better by not helping with the children even though I wanted to do so. This is because such was impacting my sleep.
Because of how important sleep is and because of how much time goes towards sleep, it is well worth while to invest extra funds into comfortable and supportive bedding.
66. Utilize electro-magnetic fields for your best good. There are several kinds of electro-magnetic fields around us. My favorite is what I call “high energy fields” (HEF). HEFs can significantly increase the energy flowing through your body. This gives you extra energy which can be quite beneficial in recovering from chronic diseases. Ley lines are another electromagnetic field. All ley lines should be avoided especially if you reside on them for longer periods of time like during your sleep. High power electrical lines should be avoided. If you live near high power electrical lines, move. Keep electrical items away from the area you sleep in.
67. Live in a geographical safe location. In the last 15 years a lot of folks have perished in the East from tsunamis. I am pretty confident that coming disasters will be just as profound in the next 15 years. They could be much worse. It may prove to be wise to move away from low lying coastal areas. If God is leading you to do so, quickly respond in obedience. Such could very well preserve your life. There are other major considerations when determining where will be and where will not be safe for potential future events. I am only mentioning the one that I think will have the most effect on the most people, that is tsunamis.
68. Live in a healthy, safe and secure dwelling. I have enhanced the security of my home with an extra security door that has welded lattice. These doors make it very difficult for anyone to hit the door with a ramming device to quickly force it open. Such will give me extra time to prepare for any intruders. I live in a rather safe neighborhood. But even then I have taken some precautions to make my home somewhat safer. If you have some skill with guns, I recommend that you have a pump 20 gauge or 12 gauge shot gun handy to address any unwelcome intruders. I know that this may sound kind of severe. But we most likely are going to enter into more uncertain and violent days from 2019 onward. Ask the local police what their typical response time for an emergency might be for where you live. If that response time is as fast as 2 minutes, just realize some really mean folks can do a lot of damage in that amount of time. If you can afford a safe room in your home, this may be very worth while to protect you and your family.
69. Laugh a lot. Yesterday, a neighbor gave me a book that had me laughing every page. The title of the book is the “Diary of a Wimpy Kid”. I plan to read a little more of this book each day this week. That will keep me laughing for a while. Laughing helps all of us have a more positive outlook on life. It helps our bodies to detoxify. Find those things that make you laugh in a good way and spend some time each week laughing.
70. Get deep tissue messages. A deep tissue message will help your body to detoxify. Over toxicity is the main problem with many chronic diseases including heart disease and cancer. Many of the items within this writing will help one to better detoxify including message. After a deep tissue message, I am often very thirsty and I drink copious amounts of water. This helps my body flush out the toxins the message released. I usually get what is called a deep Swedish message. I avoid getting a message until all the excess toxins from the last message are flushed out of my system. Sometimes this takes 3 to 4 days.
71. Sweat a lot. Sweat pulls toxins out of your body. As you sweat, wipe toxins off your skin with a soft cotton cloth or towel. This prevents those toxins from reabsorbing back into the skin. Hot saunas are one effective way to increase sweat.
72. Avoid Genetically Modified cotton clothes and linens. Utilize 100% Organic Cotton for the most comfort and health: A generation ago 100% cotton meant that the cotton WAS NOT genetically modified (GM). That is no longer the case. GM cotton is grown in the USA and shipped mainly to China. There GM cotton is converted to many cotton and cotton blend clothes and other. With so many other countries now growing GM cotton, it is difficult to determine if a cotton material is GM or not. Our skin feels better when it is next to non GM cotton. When the skin is continually being irritated, this produces more stress. Buying older clothes and linens which existed before GMO cotton became common place is another way to obtain non GM cotton.
Bad Habits to Avoid:
73. Smoking: It is important for your longevity to cut down on smoking or better dry out completely on smoking. Most people’s lungs can handle the toxins released from tobacco smoke for years and even decades. Smoke toxins are transferred form the lungs to the liver where they are broken down. However, over time the liver can become overwhelmed by the load of toxins being presented to it every day. When this happens, some toxins, such as those in the lungs, may start to accumulate in the tissues they originate in. This situation means that the toxins in the lungs will slow in their transfer to the liver. This situation means that those toxins will start to accumulate within the lungs. To help deal with these destructive toxins, cancer will start to grow to engulf these destructive toxins. The cancer cells will absorb these toxins so they can not directly attack and destroy lung tissue. Lung cancer cells start to engulf and isolate the toxins found in tobacco smoke. This mechanism actually helps to prolong life because of how destructive the toxins are themselves. However, if the toxic build up in the lungs is too great, the cancer growths can overwhelm the lungs reducing lung capacity to critically low levels. Without the cancer isolating these toxins, the lungs will be destroyed much sooner by the direct attack of the toxins on healthy lung tissue.
74. Dangerous acts, occupations and hobbies: Many youth do unbelievable things in order to gain the attention and glory from other men and women. It is amazing what some actually do in order to gain the attention and glory from others. It is best not to be motivated to gain the momentary attention of others. Even if they glorify you for a moment, it is usually only for a moment. Such glory is not worth the sacrifice and danger many put themselves through.
Jesus told us that the meek will inherit the Earth. I had rather live and be part of the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven, than have the glory of men/women for a moment. The Kingdom of Heaven lasts an eternity. The glory of man is way, way too short to be worth going down that path.
75. Too much stress: Too many are under way too much stress today. It is best to make decisions that will simplify and reduce stress in your life. Simplify your life as you can.
76. Excess weight: If you are obese and approaching 70, it may be critical that you get out of that category. It is not wise to compare yourself with others. But general observations about others can be of benefit. One observation that I have made is that those who are obese usually don’t live to 70. If they make it to 70, they usually have a lot of physical problems that greatly reduces their quality of life simply because their body feels bad so much of the time. If you are overweight per BMI, it is also important to get out of that category. Usually, the older you are, the more important it is that you get out of the obese and the overweight categories.
77: Poor Diet: Those that eat the standard American diet are eating a very poor diet. Go to the section on “Diet Aspects for Longevity” for definition of how you can start eating a much better diet.
78. Vaccinations: Most vaccinations are very harmful. This is especially true for babies and children who are now exposed to dozens and dozens of new vaccinations. Avoid the flu shot. Avoid most vaccinations. About the only ones that are needful are tetanus vaccine and shots if you are bit by a rabid animal. Overall, vaccines are causing far, far more harm than good.
79. Tattoos and cuttings: The Bible tells us to make no markings on our flesh. Tattoos interrupt the flows of energy over the skin area. This disruption over time can cause loss of life. It is best to keep your skin the way it was delivered to you from birth. That is the natural, more healthy way to be and to live. If you already have tattoos, stop getting new ones. Ask God what He wants you to do, if anything, to remove existing tattoos.
The Bible also tells us to make no cuttings on our flesh. I consider piercings to be in the category of “cuttings.” They should also be avoided.
Training Your Children in the Ways of Life:
80. Begin the pursuit of the ways of life when you are young. Those that are responsible for training children need to instill the ways of life into their children’s lifestyle as much as possible. Every day I insist that each child eat fruit as their first food of the day. This insures that their stomach is empty when they eat fruit. I also insist that they wait at least an hour after eating their fruit before eating any other food. Each child has an hour glass they turn over immediately after finishing eating their fruit. This helps them to wait at least an hour before they eat any other food. Eating fruit the right way is one very important way of life that will serve them well throughout their lives.
What this Book Missed:
This book does not cover all the ways of life. I am sure that I have missed some of the ways of life. Some of them may be significant for your situation. When I was editing, every day I was reminded of a way of life that I had missed. So the list continued to grow during the editing period of this writing. I am sure that not all the ways of life are listed here. However, I think you will find what is presented here is fairly comprehensive overall.
I am certain that this article did not go into the detail that each subject deserved. This writing was intended to only be like an impressionistic painting which does not get into detail. Hopefully, it painted a general picture of what you can do to better take care of the most important possession you will ever have, that is your most precious body.
You are welcome to contact Clint Young at email@example.com or write to Clint Young, P.O. Box 771, Colleyville, Texas 76034. I don’t expect to get overwhelmed with inquiries. If I do, I will let you know. At that point I will have no choice but to go to the desert and hide.
Products Mentioned in this Book:
I don’t have a long list of products. I have no monetary connection with any of the products mentioned in this book. Here goes my list:
1. D3 Vitamins: If you are not getting enough sunlight onto your skin each week, then most likely you are vitamin D3 deficient. If you suspect such is the case, get a blood test to measure your D3 levels. Start taking a high quality supplement D3 vitamin. I do not know which is better or best so I am hesitant to recommend any particular brand. Most likely a competent health food store clerk can be of assistance in helping you identify the better brands. Also, the ratings for different brands of D3 sold on Amazon may be beneficial to help you determine the better products.
2. Sawyer Bite Kit: Every vehicle you own should have a Sawyer Bite Kit in it as well as in your home. This bite kit will effectively remove venom from a spider, snake, bee, wasp or other bite. A Sawyer Bite Kit saved me from a lot of hurt years ago when I took a full injected amount of venom from a copper head snake. I was able to draw out a lot of amber colored snake venom from my lower right leg by having one of these kits readily handy.
3. Food Grade Activated Charcoal: I like food grade activated charcoal in capsules. If I need charcoal powder, then I can quickly break open the capsules. Nature’s Way, Nature Sunshine and others provide a high quality of food grade activated charcoal.
4. ORA ORGANIC “trust your gut” probiotic/prebiotic powder: My son who is an avid and careful researcher uses this product in his green smoothies every day. He has been using this product for some time and has found it helpful. I have no idea how many similar products like this one are on the market. Checking with a knowledgeable sales person at a local health food store most likely would provide a list of good probiotic and prebiotic products.
5. Lapcos charcoal face masks: I just ran across this product about a month ago. I don’t use it since I have a rather long beard. And I do not have any facial skin problems that require me to absorb toxins from my facial skin. If I did have a facial skin problem due to toxins, most likely I would shave my beard and start applying the Lapcos charcoal masks to my face as needed. These face masks significantly improved my spouse’s skin after about 5 applications. I am totally sold on them and have stocked up a year’s supply for my spouse who wants to continue to use 2 to 3 a week.
6. Hour Glass: I bought 3 sand hour glasses on Amazon and Ebay last year. They take around 1 hours plus or minus a few minutes to completely empty from the top to the bottom glass. After eating their fruit every day, each child turns their hour glass over to wait out their fruit’s needed digestive time before eating anything else.
7. Organic Bananas: Most stores now carry organic bananas. They usually cost around 20 cents more a pound which is not that significant of an increase for a pound of food. I have found organic bananas to be slightly sweeter. But they are not as sweet as the naturally growing bananas in the Philippines.
8. Bob’s Red Mill Organic 100% Whole Grain oatmeal: I like to eat non GMO oatmeal after my fruit completely digests each day. I am not saying this is the best food. But for now it is helping my health. I buy this oatmeal in 7 pound bags from Costco. Costco does not always have this oatmeal especially during the warmer months so I stock up on enough of this great oatmeal to last me through the summer. For the price this is an excellent food for where I am now.
9. Very Good Dentists in the DFW area of North Texas: Since this is regional specific, I am not including this in this writing. I will provide this list upon request. Go to the “Further Help” section to obtain contact information.
10. Christian Art Publisher’s Kings James Version of the Bible: The King James Version of the Bible is pretty correct and accurate to the meanings of the original text. It is a good translation from Hebrew and Greek so I will stick with it. I like a smaller, compact Bible because it is easier to handle when reading. I also like larger print so it is easier to read. Overall I have found the “LARGE PRINT COMPACT BIBLE” from Christian Art Publishers to be a practical Bible for easy handling and reading. The pages are a little thin so there is a little bleed through from the opposite page. But if the pages are thicker which prevents the bleed through, the Bible gets more bulky. So it is a trade off.
11. Roses from Central Market: Central Market in the DFW area of North Texas has some of the most beautiful roses you can find. Almost every Tuesday they mark their roses down 1/2 price. This is the day I buy the spouse roses, usually 7.
12. Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Honey: This is a high quality honey and competitively priced at Costco.
13. Mossberg Pump Tactical Shotgun: For home defense I like the Mossberg Tactical pump shotgun in either 12 gauge or 20 gauge. A pump shotgun has proven to be more reliable design. The slide release button on the Mossberg is conveniently located just behind the trigger guard making it easier and faster to press than in shotguns where the slide release is in front of the trigger guard. A tactical shotgun has a shorter barrel which makes it more maneuverable in tight spaces. The 20 gauge is lighter and easier to maneuver than the heavier 12 gauge. The downside is that a 20 gauge only delivers around 75% of the shot as a 12 gauge round. If number 7 1/2 or 8 bird shot is used, this shot size usually will not go through 2 layers of typical sheet rock. This makes it a good round for home defense when other love ones may be in the next room. Note: If you don’t know how to handle a gun safely, get good safety training before you purchase or fire any gun.
14. Lodge Cast Iron Cooking Pots and Pans: Cast Iron pots and pans are reasonably priced and will not release aluminum into your foods. They are heavy which helps in heat distribution. But it does not make them so easy to clean and move.
15. 100% cotton clothes: Burt’s Bee and other popular brands offer 100% cotton clothes. Either buy older clothes that are pre GM cotton or buy 100% organic cotton for the cotton clothing that you wear the most.
Jesus Christ is my Lord. This is the most important factor in understanding not only physical life but also spiritual life which is much more important. Note: Our physical life is short compared to the eternity our soul will live. Each of us is made in the image of God. His image is eternal. So each of us are also eternal. It is of great personal importance that ones spends their eternity in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Not too many years ago (2011) I was about to fall off my table of life. I needed some divine help to stick around. Fortunately, I found mercy in the sight of the Lord and was shown what to do. By diligently following what was shown, I have been extended at least an additional 5 years of life. I am most grateful for that additional time.
I am a logical and systematic person who has resolved difficult academic as well as industrial problems as a researcher and engineer. Most importantly, I have always embraced the truth that the Heavenly Father and Lord Jesus Christ have shown me. Some of that truth is documented within this writing.
My lifetime so far has only been 67 years. You would think a person at such an age would be pretty settled in his or her habits. I would be if I had not been challenged to stay alive 7 1/2 years ago. When one is at the edge of their table of life, they may need to quickly embrace and follow the ways of life in the right order just to stay alive. That is exactly where I was. This experience showed me the ways of life which I have been pursuing now for a little over 7 years.
Each of us have our own table of life. As long as you are on your table of life, you will remain alive. However, if you are slipping off at its edge it may be too late for you. Waiting until one is on the edge of their table of life is a dangerous time to begin to get serious about maintaining life. However, even if you are at the edge of your table of life or even if you are slipping off that edge, it may be possible to recover if one begins to follow their priority ways of life. Even in dire situations it may be possible to journey towards the center of your table of life moving a significant distance from your table’s edge. This will provide you many more years and possibly many more decades of life. Actually, it can even provide centuries of life. But few are diligent or believing enough to follow the ways of life to that extent.
It takes a lifetime to be where you are at today. Depending upon your physical condition and ability to embrace and follow the ways of life, you could easily obtain so much more life than is typical. The typical so often die way before their time. You have been presented with an impressionistic painting of the potential. At least you now have some idea of what can be done. The purpose of this picture was to challenge you to live. You certainly will as you embrace and follow the ways of life.
I hope these ways of life can be of help to you and yours. Clint