Washington County Precinct Meeting February 7 at 7 PM
Oklahoma GOP website (you can sign up for email online)
From the About page on Oklahoma GOP website:
History: Since 1906, the Oklahoma Republican Party has been working to make Oklahoma a better place for families and businesses to prosper. The OKGOP represents the values of most Oklahomans. We are the party of lower taxes, smaller government, personal empowerment, and individual responsibility.
The Republican Party has grown to become a powerful force in Oklahoma today. During the 2008 election cycle, the McCain-Palin ticket won 65.4% of the vote in OK, the highest percentage in the nation, thereby giving Oklahoma the title of “Reddest State in the Country.” In 2010, the OKGOP had the most successful election cycle for Oklahoma Republicans in state history- sweeping all eight statewide races, including Governor, and expanding majorities in both the state house and senate.
As Ronald Reagan put it, “A political party is a mechanical structure created to further a cause. The cause, not the mechanism, brings and holds the members together. I believe the Republican Party can hold and should provide the political mechanism through which the goals of the majority of Americans can be achieved.”
Statement of Principles:
We believe in limited government, individual liberty, and personal moral responsibility.
We believe Oklahoma should be a place of opportunity where people who work hard and abide by the rules can pursue their own dreams with a reasonable expectation of success.
As Republicans we believe:
- Our rights of life, liberty, and property are natural rights granted to us by God and protected by the Constitution.
- In the right to worship as we please without government intrusion or interference.
- The federal government’s power is constitutionally limited, yet responsible for protecting our sovereignty, establishing justice under law, and securing our liberty through a strong national defense and effective law enforcement.
- God is the Author and Creator of life and that all human life, both born and unborn, should be protected.
- In traditional marriage consisting of one man and one woman.
- It is the private sector and free market principles that best stimulate economic development rather than government subsidies or programs.
- Taxes collected at all levels of government should be used only for legitimate government functions, and those functions carried out efficiently so that tax rates may be kept as low as possible.
- That government closest to the people governs best and is preferred to centralized control.
- It is the right of every parent to act in his or her children’s best interest including choosing the form of education, whether public school, private school, or home school.
- We should welcome immigrants who want to legally seek freedom and opportunity, who want to work for a living and who will embrace our values, learn the English language, and respect our national sovereignty.
GOP Platform as adopted 050711
GOP Rules (as amended August 27, 2011)
Scribd documents uploaded and shared in several collections online for easy access; always verify with OKGOP website for the most updated information!
link to downloadable document for the rules if Scribd fails to embed properly in your browser: http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/80346891?access_key=key-1115ivhg9i6rtqc357sy
link to downloadable document for the platform on Scribd: http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/80348792?access_key=key-25gowhfya9ws73connff
Additional links added for reference (02/06/12):
OKGrassroots Resolutions Recommendations for 2012 (one is specific for Washington County)
link to downloadable document for the rules if Scribd fails to embed properly in your browser: http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/80466080?access_key=key-1rjxu66qstr89x2r0rtc
OKGrassroots Collection of Documents on Scribd (more great information and prior year resolutions recommendations also)
Cross-posted with OKGrassroots